What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud? (and other frequently asked questions)
As a lot of questions pop up when researching Salesforce Marketing Cloud, we wanted to give you a quick answer on the most frequently asked questions. Do you have another question or are you interested in basic or advanced training for Salesforce Marketing Cloud? Contact us today!
WHAT IS SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Platform for marketers that allows them to create and manage marketing relationships and campaigns with customers.
Marketers can easily manage customer journeys, e-mail, mobile, social media, web personalization, advertising, content management and creation and data analysis efforts.
It is also considered as a Marketing Automation tool.
HOW CAN YOU LOG IN
HOW DO YOU CREATE A USER
To create a new user, follow the following steps:
- In Marketing Cloud, navigate to Email Studio.
- Click Admin.
- Click My Users.
- Click Create.
- Name the user to identify it easily.
- Enter your email address as the Reply Email and Notification Email Addresses.
- Enter a unique username.
- Leave the External ID field blank, unless required by your organization.
- Set a Time Zone.
- Set a Culture Code.
- Select API User.
- Create a temporary password.
- Save the new Marketing Cloud API user.
WHAT'S THE ADVANTAGE OF SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD VS. MAILCHIMP?
Mailchimp is an ideal software for small businesses. They have
- A wide variety of templates
- It’s very easy to use
- A basic version is available for free, while upgrades aren’t very expensive
Mailchimp is a great first step for a smaller company towards Marketing Automation. However, there are a few cons:
- If you want to go more advanced, you’ll find yourself limited with the customization and flexibility options available
- Your e-mail segmentation options are quite limited.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is made for all types of companies: From smaller companies to middle-sized and larger ones.
The main advantages are:
- Features can be added or deleted to suite specific needs
- The CRM is comprehensive and complete
- The main disadvantages of this tool are:
- For configuration and set-up, you’re best to be guided with a team with experience. Luckely, we can help you with that! Just let us know if we can help!
- The interface can be hard to navigate
If the difference is not clear enough, let us know and we’ll help you guide to the right marketing tool for your company!
HOW DO YOU SET UP A CAMPAIGN IN SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD?
The comprehensive salesforce campaign implementation guide can be found on the website of salesforce.
It's important that you have all steps correct before starting a campaign:
- Defining your campaign goals
- Decide who you want to target
- Categorize your campaign
- Give access to the correct people/agencies
HOW DO YOU CREATE AN E-MAIL IN SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD?
- Click Create.
- Click Email.
- Select Template.
- Select the Saved tab.
- Choose a template and click Select. (Brandon selects his Weekly Promotional Email.)
- Define the email’s properties.
- Enter a name.
- Enter a description.
- Click Next.
- In add Content:
- Adjust the email’s content to reflect this week’s promotion.
- Add a subject like Save 15% This Week Only!
- Leave the preheader blank.
- Click Next.
- Click Save and Exit.
WHAT CAN YOU TRACK WITH SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD?
In the Email Studio, you can track following things:
- Clicks & opens Behavior
- Conversion Tracking
- Bounce Data
- Impressions (content built by AMPscript or dynamic content in Email Studio)
Tracking data for deleted subscribers and contacts are retained in anonymized format and cannot be linked to a specific record. Tracking and reports show clicks from email@example.com and an IP address of 0.0.0.0 for deleted records.
More info can be found on the tracking overview help page of Salesforce
Do you have another question? Do you require help to guide you through Salesforce Marketing Cloud, either as a partner or as a trainer? Let us know!